Portfolio Advisory Services
Our team of experienced banking and finance professionals have considerable knowledge and intellectual property with which to assist clients in every stage of their business or customer life cycle. We have carried out consumer finance engagements with the majority of financial institutions in Australia and around the world.
Start-Up — Business Development
The first stages of any new business, service line or product are the most important. Kessler’s Business Advisory team has expertise which will assist you from initial idea generation through to a successful launch. Kessler can assist with these activities:
- Design, develop and implement business strategy
- Manage the business development process, including RFP and partner selection
- Develop and implement launch strategy
- Develop business plan and financials
- Provide commercial construct, contract design and negotiation
Since our launch in Australia in 1998, we have successfully created over 50 credit card programs for American Express and most recently managed the credit card tender processes for Virgin Money/Citi (2009) and Woolworths/HSBC (2014).
Keeping the success going and improving ongoing value of businesses and products is always a challenge once the initial excitement of launch has diminished. Kessler’s team has significant consulting experience, having worked with some of the largest banking organizations in the world.
We have worked on projects across every business stream to improve revenue efficiency and reduce costs, working on initiatives such as:
- Identification and implementation of process efficiencies
- Marketing channel efficiency optimisation
- Sales efficiency optimisation
- Product and service initiatives
- Cross-sell strategies
- Retention strategies
- Pricing optimisation
- Credit risk optimisation
- Customer service improvements
Additionally, through our US sister company, Kessler Capital Holding LLC, we are able to undertake “Risk Based Marketing,” where Kessler funds the acquisition of accounts for a partner.
Value Extraction/Managing Decline
As business practices or strategies change, businesses need to evaluate options to exit or manage decline.
- Kessler has significant experience in restructuring and renegotiating partnership deals
- We have undertaken numerous restructuring projects for blue chip clients where financial services partnerships have started to fail due to misaligned goals
- We can assist in the monetisation of assets through sale
Our team has significant transaction experience personally; having successfully advised on the acquisition of $60 billion of consumer finance receivables, on behalf of financial institutions around the world.